Optimizing Your Value Stream
To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems— not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline. This interactive course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a Continuous Delivery Pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
Who will benefit?
- All members of an Agile Release Train;
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers;
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers;
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects;
- Product Managers, Product Owners;
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec;
- QA Managers, Testers;
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters.
What you’ll learn
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives;
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes;
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand;
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline;
- Use value-stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end- to-end delivery process;
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results;
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit;
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization;
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream.
- Introducing DevOps;
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline;
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration;
- Building quality with Continuous Integration;
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment;
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand;
- Taking action.
What you get
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook;
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform;
- Certification of completion;
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner certification upon passing of exam.
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Renewal fee: $100.